Grandstream WP820 – WiFi Troubleshooting (show how to connect, remove, authentication error)
The following table resumes all the technical specifications including the protocols/standards supported, voice codecs, telephony features, languages, and upgrade/provisioning settings for the Base station WP820.
- How to connect WIFI.
Configure the networks settings including Wi-Fi settings and additional networks settings.
The WP820 supports dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, please refer to the following steps in order to connect your WP820 to the Wi-Fi networks:
- On LCD menu, press Menu key and navigate to Settings → Network Settings → Wi–Fi.
- Set Wi-Fi to “On “ and navigate to “Wi-Fi Settings “. A list of Wi-Fi networks will be displayed.
- Select the desired network to connect to. (Enter the correct password to connect if requested)
WP820 will display Wi-Fi icon on the main LCD menu if the connection to the Wi-Fi network is successful.
2. Remove WIFI settings
If you connected to that network, go to Settings -> Network Settings -> Wi-Fi Settings -> On connected network -> Press the middle softkey “Cancel save” -> You will be connected to the next saved wifi network.
If you want to clear other saved wifi network, go to Settings -> Network Settings -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Select the wifi network that you want to delete -> Press the middle rounded softkey -> Option -> Cancel save.
3. Authentication Error
- Password is incorrect – As it turns out, this issue will mostly occur if the provided password is incorrect. If this scenario is applicable, you can resolve the issue by typing the correct password the visibility option selected.
- Network settings are glitched – In some cases, this issue occurs because of the network settings on your phone, which isn’t letting your WiFI to work properly. Several users finding themselves in a similar situation have reported that they managed to resolve the issue by resetting the network.
- The IP address is incorrect – Sometimes, the DHCP IP settings will not configure the IP address correctly for the WiFI network. Most users were able to solve this by using the static IP address for the network settings.